Black Box Transceiver-Media Converter
- Bring Gigabit fiber to the desktop conveniently and cost-effectively.
- USB-powered for portability, or use it with the included power adapter.
- SFP port supports Gigabit Ethernet using 1250-Mbps SFP transceivers.
- UTP port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T.
- Supports Jumbo Ethernet frames up to 10,240 bytes.
- LED indicators for power, UTP, and fiber status.
The Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for bringing fiber to the desktop and for mobile applications where light weight, compact size, and low power requirements are critical.
Weighing only 2.5 ounces and about the length of a house key, this ultra-compact media converter is portable yet powerful. For extra versatility, it can be USB-powered, making it easy to provide fiber connectivity to locations where AC or DC power is unavailable, for instance, field-deployed fiber-to-the-laptop. For easy portability, this tiny converter conveniently slips into a pocket or laptop carrying case.
The converter is plug-and-play with an RJ-45 port that autonegotiates for speed, duplex mode, and crossover functions for PCs with 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T Ethernet. On the fiber side, the converter accepts SFPs for connection to a variety of Gigabit Ethernet fiber types. Use it with Black Box 1250-Mbps SFPs (LFP200, LFP201-R2, LFP202-LFP203, LFP260) or any other standard 1250-Mbps SFP.
Because it can be powered through a computer's USB 1.0 or 2.0 port, the Micro Mini Media Converter is ideal for connections to fiber in areas where a spare power outlet may not be available. When plugged into a computer's USB port, the media converter shuts down automatically when you turn off the computer, which saves energy.
This product works with:
- 1250-Mbps SFPs (LFP200, LFP201-R2, LFP202-LFP203, LFP260)
- Micro Mini Media Converter Wallmount Bracket (LMC400-WALL)
- Connect different types of media within a network with this single port
- With Twisted Pair cable, get the desired data transfer rate up to a required distance
- With 10/100/1000Base-TX technology get up to 1000Mbps data transfer rate over supported network cable
- Tuck the device out of the way with its Wall Mounting feature