StarTech.com Industrial RS232 to RS422-485 Serial Port Converter with 15KV ESD Protection
The IC232485S Industrial RS232 to RS-422/485 Serial Converter is a bi-directional adapter that lets you adapt an RS232 data signal to either RS485 (2 or 4-wire) or RS422 and vice-versa, with support for baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps.
Ideal for industrial environments, the serial port converter provides 15KV ESD protection on all signal pins to protect costly and often sensitive control equipment against electrical damage. The serial converter also features a sturdy wall-mountable metal housing with Power, Tx and Rx LED indicators for simple status monitoring.
The adapter supports auto baud rate detection as well as RS-422 and RS485 mode detection, with an integrated dip switch for manual mode selection if needed, and supports connection distances of up to 4000ft (1200m).
Backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- RS232 to 2/4-wire RS485 or RS422 conversion
- Supports RS422 and RS485 auto detect and manual switching
- ±15KV ESD protection on all signal pins
- Supports baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps
- Supports a maximum connection distance of 4000ft (1200m)